Thursday, July 5, 2007

heart quilt


I totally forgot to show you the quilt I have made from a part of the hearts I have received in 2006. So here are a few photos. Below is a photo how I have made the hearts into a square.
First reverse applique with normal sewing thread and than the feather stitch to make it strong.
The quilt top is ready. 112 x 132 cm. 44,8 x 52,8 inch.
I have made a quilt top from a part of the hearts I have swapped during the last year.
I have added two hearts made by myself.
This quilt is for a little girl.
I didn't use the hearts with SRE on it, because I think it will be disappointing when you get a quilt and it becomes damaged after very short time in use.
In the USA there is an organisation founded by Sue Nebeker which collect quilt for soldiers who come back, wounded, from a war.
But also she collect quilts for children who lost their daddy in a war, f.e. in Iraq.
This organisation will finish this quilt with batting, binding and quilting.
To make a point: I am against any war ! and special the Iraq war.
But all those children without a dad in the future deserve a comfort quilt.
I really hope that this quilt with all the butterflies on it and a butterfly border will give a little girl a little comfort in her sad and sorrow days.


8 comments:

Sherry said...

I love you heart quilt! It's just beautiful!

NormaH said...

What a beautiful way to bring comfort to a child. Love your idea!!!!!

Sonnja said...

What a beautiful heart Quilt!
Kind Regards.

Sonnja

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Just looking at the heart quilt. I am a mother who is going back on Xanax due to son's second tour of duty as Anti-Terrorist coming up shortly. It really warms me to know there are people out there understanding our pain. He will be "out" for five months this time.

Candi said...

Your heart quilt is so beautiful and what a wonderful thing to do with it. Those children need all the love and comfort they can get.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Bear said...

what a wonderful quilt and the heart behind it is beautiful as well- I know the little one who will recieve this will get much pleasure from it
love n hugs bear xoxoxxo

freebird said...

I bet she keeps this quilt forever! How nice to give this away.

Clothmatters said...

The quilt is absolutely beautiful!